5/19/09

Day 2

Spring Cleaning

One of the unfortunate side effects of celebrating your 23rd birthday and college graduation in the same weekend is that your room -- scratch that, your house -- turns into a shitty abyss of mess and trash that would piss of Merry Maids.

So is the current state of my residence: bestrewn with random articles of clothing that God herself couldn't discern between clean and dirty -- littered with the oddest assortment of knick-knacks that, when placed properly, add life and character to the atmosphere, but in their current positions are just shit hiding my carpet, which looks as if it has been on the streets for weeks begging ambivalent pedestrians for change.

Yes, it's time to clean.

It's funny how one's emotion, thought, spirit -- that metaphysical essence that defines oneself -- manifests in the material world that one occupies. Take me for example. Even though I've got a degree and a (loose) plan for what I want to do with my life, right now I'm totally lost in a sea of doubt and confusion. Should I pursue Option A or Option B? And what about Options C & D? And what about rent? Should I move? How? How am I going to accomplish all of this? My life is filled with a mess of questions -- and my room is just filled with a mess.

The good news is that I do have a life vest -- I know where it is I want to go, what it is that I want to do. My problem is that I'm not quite sure of the best way to get there -- or that I can even take advantage of certain avenues leading to my destination. And in the meantime, a brother got bills...

Honestly, I'm not too worried -- I mean, something has to open up for me, right? I'm a firm believer that the Universe will take care of those who position themselves to receive and optimize opportunity. I think that I've taken (or am taking) good care of the latter, so its just a matter of time before I receive the former. Or am I?

Hence, the spring cleaning. I think it's time that I dedicate myself fully to posturing my life for opportunity and blessing. Not in an empty, cliche way -- I'm talking about truly becoming the change in my circumstance that I wish to see. If I'm going to get the kind of job I want without settling because I need the money -- If I'm going to do the kind of work I want to do and make the kind of money I want to make doing it -- If I'm going to be the beast I know I am: I've got to work for it. And it starts with cleansing myself not only of the distracting debris and clutter that shields my aspirations, but polishing my plan and really making it shine -- that way, I know how to work it and what to do when it works.

So, looks like I've got some cleaning to do.

But my room can wait.

1 comment:

  1. The great thing about life is that you can pick options A and do a little B on the side. You have the rest of your life to work! Down the road things may change and C and D will unexpectedly roll back into your life. Just take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete